Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Some recent Challenges.....

Well I have been rather slack again- both in the scrapping department and in adding the ones I have done to this blog.  I have been doing a bit of scrapping and some card making.  All of the pages and cards have been done using my stash that doesn't seem to be getting any smaller.


So here we go!

Over at Let's Scrap they had  Challenge 87 put up Michelle by  to use paint chips on you LO.  I had been having a play with Photoshop Elements and found this great tutorial over at The Coffee Shop that shows you how to make a colour bar along the bottom or side of your photo, using colours picked from the photo.  So I decided to make my own paint chips and used a couple of photos I took in the garden a few days before.  I love how they turned out and will definitely be doing some more.


My next page was from  Challenge Master's.   They have some great challenges over there and I really want to do more. This challenge was to do a page for my BOM.   Here is my page - at last I scrapped a photo from our family reunion way back in September 2009.  These are some of my many cousins.   I have all their names under the flower at the bottom right.

I tried something new here.  I used my old tree punch, placed the trees on the cardstock and sprayed them lightly with ink,  glued down the originals next to the outlines.  It all worked fine except that the cardstock didn't like being sprayed and curled up but a bit of ironing fixed that.  

I also edited the photo to give it a more vintage feel.



Next we have the weekly sketch from Let's Scrap - and I loved this one.  Will probably use it again.

 Best part of this sketch was that I got to use up all these MM flowers that I have had in my stash for a long time.

And lastly for today - this is my page for Challenge 88 over at Let's Scrap.   The challenge here was to do some doodling.  This was fun!  This photo had been in a packet with the pp for over a year, so it was a great opportunity to dig it out and do the page at last!



1 comment:

  1. I love your ink and puncing on the Cousins page....so effective.

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you .....